Clean & Sober Coaches are professionally trained CRB-checked people who have recovered from addiction and related issues such as homelessness and offending.
Practiced in the principles of successful recovery, Clean & Sober Coaches act as a guide to newly clean and sober individuals and those recently returning from relapse.
Coaches meet with the participant from weekly to several times per week to work on a variety of recovery-related issues. This can be done weekly through several 1-1 sessions and/or telephone/email contact.
The work of our Clean & Sober Coaches can be integrated with our Ascension Programme to achieve and sustain positive change.
What we do
Our coaches work to:
- Strengthen the value of living clean and sober lives.
- Identify areas that may present obstacles to continued abstinence
- Direct clients to resources that can help them remain free from addiction.
- Support clients during challenges that arise in everyday life
- Help clients identify, grow and develop healthier decision making
Our Clean & Sober Coaching model avoids the punitive nature of the legal system and the negative reinforcement of behaviour that goes along with it.
Working with our Clean & Sober coaches, our clients benefit from the following:
- Fewer arrests/health related presentations
- Increased awareness and intuition of relapse triggers and how to avoid them
- More responsive and willing to act on positive suggestions
- Increased self care
- Reduced anxiety
- Increased empathy
- Increased communication skills
- Visits: Clean & Sober Coaches can visit participants in prison or at any appropriate setting in the community.
- Duration: Clean & Sober Coaches maintain participant 1-1 coaching for periods ranging from two hours to a month or more.
- Confidentiality: Our coaches work with complete discretion and confidentiality.
Bookings are managed by Glennie Justice. For more information contact:
Ian Glennie: firstname.lastname@example.org | 07734 858121 | www.glenniejustice.co.uk